.

.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

All Is Calm, All is Bright...

Merry Christmas y'all! It feels like forever since I have sat here with my laptop and perhaps it is related to the holiday busyness that seems to crop up this time of year in spite of the best of intentions.

However, I did want to take a minute to wish everyone a "Merry Christmas" from our family!

Things at our home are calm today and outside the sun is brightly shining. I have finally accepted we have passed the years of late night Christmas Eves as Santa's workers and the early, pre-dawn Christmas morning excitement. The kids assured us last night that they wanted to sleep in this morning yet they were all up and going at 8:30.



Their stockings were filled with some of their favorite things...



And Kamdyn did a great job acting surprised as she opened gifts that were picked out weeks ago shopping with me...



Koby always loves to open gifts and he takes his time looking each one over...





This gift caught Brendan a little off guard! We will see how long it takes him to actually wear it and he said IF he does he will have an Texas ATM shirt on underneath.


And even Johnny was feeling festive this morning, sniffing through all the wrapping paper in search of a treat!

We enjoyed our presents, ate a big breakfast, rested and cleaned up and have now filled ourselves on a late lunch. Brian and I are enjoying a movie, the boys are playing a new game and Kamdyn is dressed in new clothes watching Netflix. Talk about all being calm!

Of all the things I have enjoyed about today though I am most thankful for that little bit of quiet this morning, with the trees lit and my coffee hot as I read through the Christmas story. To reflect on the birth of my Savior and worship Him this morning was indeed the greatest gift.

I hope each of you have experienced the calm that only Christ can bring! I trust you have taken just a moment to reflect on the love of our Savior and the hope that He provides.

I wish you all a truly Merry Christmas and over the next few days I plan to sit down and update on all that has been going on with the Bailey bunch!

1 comment:

  1. Quiet, naw! Pops and gran are on the way there, with the Oliver crew hot on our trail! Get ready for the storm!!

    ReplyDelete