.

.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cold, cold go away...

In what might be considered the understatement of the year let me say IT. IS. COLD!!!!!! And, I am ok with cold really. I mean, I love the boots and sweaters and all of that. But today at noon it was 21 degrees with a windchill of 4 or some crazy number like that! I know this because I had dismissal duty at noon and I found myself hurrying the children into their cars because my nose literally felt frozen!

It maybe warmed up to 23 and so when 3:30 came I headed for home, warm pajamas and the crockpot of potato soup that I knew had been cooking all day! Seriously, I was in pajamas and a warm shirt at 4:00 this afternoon and I found no shame in that. Brian went with the boys to a game they played in on the base but Kamdyn and I stayed home and caught up on our TV shows.

I wanted to post a few things to share with y'all and didn't get the chance to do it in my last post.

  • I came across this recipe and I just thought it was both cute and yummy and I knew I should share it here!

http://cookinupnorth.blogspot.com/2014/01/grape-popperspinned-it-and-tried-it.html

The recipe screams summer and maybe that's why I was drawn to it!

  • I also came across this blog and in about two seconds I was hooked! It is a great story that I thought was worthy of sharing here with y'all and if you have a chance I hope you will read just a bit of Brenna's story.

http://www.blessedbybrenna.com/


  • I am the first to admit I sometimes let things pile up and this is certainly evidence here....


...BUT I have been working through some books to create a three week study for our youth girls called "Hopelessly Devoted". If you are anything like me your mind instantly went to Olivia Newton-John, a long white gown and cute front porch. This would be one of my favorite songs from Grease and as a disclaimer I did not recommend the girls see the movie!!!

In all seriousness, we have been working through this study and talking about what it means to live a life that is hopelessly devoted to God through developing a passion for His Word, being committed in prayer and focusing on worship. I teach with some of the MOST amazing women, and I have thanked God for them and their friendship! This study has been as much or more of a blessing to us than I ever could've imagined but more than that we have seen God move in the hearts of our girls.

The theme verse for our study has been Jeremiah 29:13 but as I have continued to study the Bible I have been overwhelmed at how many times I see the word ALL.

Jeremiah 29:13 says, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with ALL your heart."

Matthew 22:37 says, "Love the Lord your God with ALL your heart, ALL your soul and ALL your mind."

Joel 2:12 says, "Even now', declares the LORD, 'return to me with ALL your heart."

I just think God is real serious about wanting us to serve Him, follow Him and most of all love Him with ALL that we are. I know for me, this is my personal challenge for 2014 and for whatever reason I am now sharing it here with all of you. And please know at anytime I have about 30+ high school girls who could use your prayers as they try to find their way in their own journey of faith.

So, that's what is happening here right now! I can't tell you how much I have loved my night at home, in my pajamas in front of the fire with a tea cup of hot apple cider. I feel like it is safe to say I have a true appreciation for the blessings of heat and a warm bed as the wind howls all around us. I hope you are staying warm wherever you are....


2 comments:

  1. I have learned over the years, that, the more you try to teach, with proper devotion, the more you learn and the closer you get to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned over the years, that, the more you try to teach, with proper devotion, the more you learn and the closer you get to God!

    ReplyDelete